Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Part 1 - Built My Hackintosh

Ok, the computer is built. Here is a quick rundown.

This is the first time that I have built a computer so I was feeling challenged. But I found some great videos on "how-to". The video below got me started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1X2Wpwl4dg

1. I installed the cpu/heatsink
2. installed memory sticks
3. installed motherboard in case (unfortunately for me since it is used did not come with connectors faceplate)
4. installed video card (no mounting brackets/be sure to ask for these things if buying used)
5. installed hard drive
6. installed dvd drive (went to radio shack because it did not come with sata power OR data cables!)

Turned on computer and everything showed up in BIOS and now to reset the BIOS settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment