Wednesday, January 6, 2010

errata...


"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air." - John Quincy Adams


DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT be an idiot (like me) and try to install using LifeHacker's guide unless you intend to either install Leopard with the build I have or... you install Snow Leopard ONLY with this build. Lifehacker's install guides, I have read, work great but ONLY with the builds stated on the site and the build I did only came with instructions for installing leopard on LifeHacker...I tried tried the "easy" snow leopard install.

so... after numerous blank screens, blinking cursors, error messages such as "Should have 2 threads, but only found 3 for Die 0" and after seeing the Apple Logo and beloved spinning beach ball to only be met with "You need to restart your computer"... I dutifully went to Insanely Mac to get schooled by a post from   "shoarthing" to someone having the same problems as me.  Found an installation guide for my motherboard at OS86 Project .  


Update... new universal install guide - could not find a good copy of Snow Leopard Universal v3.5 - so back to this install guide.


Did not work, could not get Chameleon installed on thumbdrive.  Tried via terminal and the package installer, neither worked...


Back to finding another install guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment